}

Designers Guild - House Tour

With its plain white walls and bold hits of contrasting colour and pattern, this London home proves that bright can be beautiful. I know a lot of you have seen this house on other blogs but as this was my production that I styled I thought it deserves to be on SnOOp. I hope you don't mind.
The very talented photographer James Merrell and myself went to visit this house a couple of years ago. The owner Lisa Giles at the time worked as senior stylist for the queen of colour, Tricia Guild - owner of iconic British interior design brand Designers Guild.
Liza and her architect husband Matt have embraced Tricia's trademark style of using bold, original fabrics and wallpaper and her extraordinary ability to mix colour and pattern.
Flock wallpaper adds wonderful texture and a little glamour to a space. Liza loved old French fringed window voiles and Twenties fringed lampshades.
Liza's cushions are all made from old English fabrics and toiles which have been collected over time.
Liza displayed Twenties dresses for their sophistication and glamour and she adored the informal geometric prints and colours from the Fifties. She liked to leave them on show in her glass-fronted wardrobe.
Liza liked to create moodboards so she could have inspirational things around her to encourage her to begin those projects that were waiting to be done. Liza loved old mercury glass in mirrors - the more distressed the better. The reflections they give are slightly different to a new one. 

12 comments:

  1. Yes, now you see, this is very attractive, not to mention beautifully done. It's no easy task to incorporate vintage pieces so that they themselves are the commanding colour palette.

    Personally adoring the shot with the coloured vases. Divine

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous! just the spring-y thing I needed to see this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I hadn't seen this grogeous home before, and now I'm in love with it. The white painted floors of the bedroom really have me dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! This home makes me crave spring, it's so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty happy post...so what I am craving right now! You have a fantastic blog....I'm so glad you stopped by The French Mouse House so I was able to find you here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! House tours like this are making me obsess about white walls and white floors. I love how all other colours pop against the white.

    I *adore* that turquoise flock wallpaper and art display.

    Sourcing vintage rugs is always at the top of my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, inviting and so cheerful all at the same time! Especially adore the glass front vintage cabinet...I would love to create something similar, but I can be a tad bit messy! Oh and so glad you liked the vintage outfit I chose :)! xx Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love so many things about this house!! The fresh flowers are the icing on the cake! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of it! Beautiful work. And thanks for the comment at my blog, we added you and the photographer on the link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, such a gorgeous home! I love green the wallpaper in the living room; matched with the pure white interiors is utter perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your styling is genius! I seriously love this home and have been obsessed for quite some time. Your talent is palpable...

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete